To provide people who are passionate about the natural environment and SCUBA diving an introduction to Marine Conservation.
What skills will you learn?
- SCUBA diving qualifications up to Advanced Open Water (if necessary)
- Caribbean reef fish identification Introduction
- Basic Coral and Invertebrate identification Introduction
- Coral Watch survey techniques
- Coral nursery introduction
- Lion Fish containment basics
What is included in the project cost?
- All of the lectures and associated dives mentioned above
Dates & Cost:
For certified divers, this program takes 6 days and starts every Monday. If you still need to get your Open Water Diver certification, add an extra 5 days to your schedule. Because we are dealing with the ocean environment, which can be at times unpredictable, we ask you to be flexible with this starting date.
$399 for Open Water Divers and up
$684 for uncertified applicants
.*Interns interested in furthering their experience beyond one week are able to apply for WSORC’s Marine Conservation Internship program.